Luxury Vinyl Tile: Linoleum on Steroids
Linoleum is far removed from today’s building standards. Luxury Vinyl Tile has arisen to meet the tough requirements of today’s flooring demands. Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT) is a very durable, affordable flooring option that is great in high traffic areas with potential exposure to moisture.
LVT is different than other vinyl goods in the way it’s manufactured and in its overall aesthetics. It can precisely replicate the character, graining and look of real hardwood. You can also buy textured “stone” tiles that look incredibly similar to the real thing.
Advantages of Luxury Vinly Tile Installation
- Visually Appealing: LVT can realistically mimic appearances of natural materials such as wood, natural stone, rock, and textured surfaces making it indistinguishable from the real thing.
- Wide Variety of Options: Patterns and styles are almost limitless with mixing wood/stone/rock all in a identical material which allows for easy installation and provides a less expensive alternative.
- New LVT Is Thicker: LVT is typically thicker than traditional vinyl flooring materials due to an added layer of heavy film covered with a UV-cured urethane that makes it scuff, stain, and scratch resistant, improving its wear and performance.
- More Thickness Benefits: This added thickness adds the advantages of sound absorption, heat insulation, and comfort underfoot.
- Increased Water Resistance: Another major advantage of LVT is its resistance to water damage, making it a great option for an area where you may have spills or track water.
- Safety First: LVT meets safety requirements for flammability, slip resistance and many other safety codes.
- Easy Maintenance: It’s easy to maintain by simply damp mopping it.
Luxury Vinyl Tile is definitely worth looking into as a flooring option. LVT has enough advantages to merit your consideration when choosing new floors for your home.
ABF Remodeling Consultation Request Form